Greenbelt Elementary’s PTAs beloved Labor Day Book Sale is ON!
It will be held in a new and creative format this year — instead of one location, we will have many!
Over the course of two days, you will have the opportunity to both “sell” and “buy” books. We have planned this event to keep the Book Sale legacy alive, but also promote social distancing and community spirit.
Saturday, September 5, from 10am – 3pm: Book Walk around Greenbelt
- If you’d like to “sell” books that are taking up space on your bookshelf, you can place them on a table or blanket in your yard. You do not need to be outside with the books, simply place them outside and rely on the good nature of our neighbors.
- We ask that you let us know if you’d like to host a book sale by filling out this form. We will plot your location on a map that is available to the public.
- Book seekers can drive, bike, or walk to homes throughout Greenbelt to select books from volunteer book “sellers.” No payment will be exchanged – you are free to take any books you’d like.
- We will provide downloadable flyers encouraging a donation be made to GES PTA that you can post next to your books. We will also be able to drop off flyers to you if you email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We do hope that you will make an online donation at https://www.paypal.me/greenbeltespta. Normally, we charge $1 for paperbacks and $2 for hardbacks, but any donation is appreciated!
Sunday, September 6 from 10am – 1pm: Book Donation Drop Off
We have coordinated with Nelson, our trusty leftover book buyer of many years, to arrange an opportunity for the community to donate books directly.
- On Sunday, you are welcome to deliver any books you wish to donate in the parking lot behind the Co-op grocery store.
- The PTA will receive $1 (his standard rate) for each full box we donate. PTA Volunteers will be at the donation drop-off location and can help box books if you don’t have a full box.
- Please wear a mask.
- CD’s and DVDs WILL be accepted.
- No encyclopedias, textbooks, or games will be accepted.
- We are unable to pick up books from homes this year and ask that you bring them to the drop-off location yourself. We hope to bring back this service next year!